Hypnotherapy is a brilliant tool which puts you into a state of hypnosis in order to help to get rid of limiting fears, beliefs and to instil positive new behaviours and beliefs. As a result the range of issues that can be treated are vast (please see issues treated for more info).
What is Hypnosis?
Hypnosis is a natural state of heightened awareness of the unconscious mind. In fact, you enter into a state similar to day dreaming when you are engrossed in a interesting book or when you are driving and you don’t remember how you got there.
Hypnosis induces the state of “Trance” and so your conscious mind gets to relax and allows access to your sub-conscious mind, where all memories, experiences, thought, feelings and impressions are stored. Therefore with the use of hypnosis it is possible to achieve maximum change and resolve issues.
Hypnosis - Dispelling the Myths
- Don't expect to feel hypnotised. What you will feel is a state of deep relaxation.
- You won't be made to do anything you don't want to. You will be in complete control.
- In hypnosis you can't be made to tell your innermost secrets. You will not disclose anything that you prefer to keep to yourself.
- Hypnosis is not sleep in the sense of night-time sleep. It is a state of deep relaxation that you can be guided into.
- You cannot get stuck in hypnosis, just like you cannot get stuck in a daydream.
- You will emerge from hypnosis immediately if there is any emergency.
- You will be aware of what's happening and everything that I say and do. In fact, your awareness may become more heightened than usual.
- If you become aware of any sounds either indoors or outside, they won’t disturb you at all. In fact, they will help you to become even more relaxed.